Caught on a website today, while browsing for something completely different. I realize some or all of this is hard to accomplish, and I am by no means trying to imply that I follow any of the below 🙂 But it’s an interesting thought nevertheless.
- Release the need to be right.
- Welcome one another’s thoughts and opinions.
- Suspend judgment.
- Listen for understanding, not rebuttal.
- Make personal statements by using “I” rather than “you”.
- Clarify first what was said before you challenge someone.
- Take time to reflect.
- Lean into discomfort.
- Respond first to what was said before making your point.
- Have fun.
The original post was www.kottke.org/03/10/learning-guidelines